Seymours Estate Agents have joined forces with three great charities to help everyone in Surrey bring a little cheer this Christmas with their ‘Light Up Your Home’ competition.
Partner of the Woking office, Franco Orlando explains why “There are many things I love about Surrey, but what has never failed to amaze me is the efforts our residents go to when it comes to decorating the outside of their homes at Christmas. This year, we wanted to add to this festive cheer by rewarding those efforts with a prize that will create amazing family memories but also to raise money for three charities very close to our hearts – Woking & Sam Beare Hospice and Wellbeing Care, The Brigitte Trust in Dorking and The Prostate Project in Godalming.
Over the years we have worked with the charities in several ways through participating in events such as the Dragon Boat Race, Fright Nights, sponsored runs and football tournaments to raise much needed funds. We have introduced business partners and have even sent volunteers their way. This year has been limiting to the say the least but we wanted it to end it on a high and give that extra fundraising boost in a fun, festive and socially distant way!
The competition is free of charge to enter, all we ask is for those who want to take part is to register their homes before 8th December, go as creative as they dare with their external Christmas Lights, and then take part in the festivities welcoming onlookers – or exploring the local competition themselves – oh and please help with the fundraising if you can.
Once registered, properties will be entered into the competition and a Seymours Board will be safely erected on the perimeter of their property displaying a QR code enabling passers-by to vote for their favourite and to donate, should they wish. All registered properties will be entered into the voting and the winning entries will receive some amazing prices including Merlin Family Passes, National Trust memberships and Christmas Hampers.
To enter, simply register at the charity locations below or for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Homes around the West Byfleet, Woking, Guildford and Camberley areas (including Ripley, Horsell, Knaphill, Addlestone, Blackwater and Worplesdon
Homes around Dorking
Homes around Godalming and Haslemere
Light up your home’ Photo Competition – Terms & Conditions
This competition is being run in conjunction with Woking & Sam Beare Hospice and Wellbeing Care, The Brigitte Trust and The Prostate Project.
1. The prizes vary dependent on the location but will be:
First Prize (all areas exception Dorking): Either £500 vouchers or an Annual Merlin Family Pass (for 4 people) voucher (to be effective from 2021 when the parks reopen
First Prize for Dorking: £200 voucher or Annual National Trust family Membership
There will be second and third prizes for those raising money for the Woking Hospice such which include a family day out in 2020 and a Christmas Hamper.
Merlin Family Pass information: The voucher can be exchanged for the passes and will commence once the pass is activated and will be valid for a year from the activation date.
2. Only one entry per household.
3. There is no obligation to use our services to enter
4. We reserve the right to substitute any of our prizes for equal or greater value.
5. No cash alternative is available.
6. The deadline to enter is 11:59pm on 8th December 2020.
7. You can only enter the competition by registering your home through completing the forms on the button links detailed above.
8. As voters will need to identify the address correctly when voting, and there may be more than one property in the competition per street, the entrants’ address will be added onto a website that will enable voters to pick their favourite. The winners will be based on a public vote. All voters will be given the option to give a voluntary donation to charity.
9. The winners will be announced on a competition post and will be contacted using the details provided on the entry. By registering you agree to be contacted by email in relation to the competition only. Your details will not be used for future communications unless you opt-in to receive our emails. Photos of the prize-giving will also be taken and will be used on social media and other communications.
10. By submitting your home into the competition you:
- Agree to our use of any photos taken of the outside of your home in any publicity or social media posts
- Agree to be included in our map of participating homes, which will provide the location and the address
- To display a QR code for voting outside your home either on a Seymours Board or an alternative display. We can promote online as well if you prefer not to have a board.
- Accept that local residents may drive or walk by your home to enjoy the lights and who may take photos of the lights
- Agree to have your address listed on the charity website for voting purposes.
11. Seymours Estate Agents are not compulsory however they will help with voting. If agreed, we will place an advertising board on the boundaries of the property taking part, this will detail the Seymours branding and the sponsorship of the event. Boards will be erected as quickly as possible and will be taken down once the event has closed after Christmas and before 1st January 2021. We need to advise that the removal of the boards is subject to the availability of a third-party supplier during the holiday season however Seymours Estate Agents will endeavour to turn this around as quickly as possible. The advertising boards are subject to availability and if not available an alternative will be suggested. Please contact your local branch or email@example.com if you have any queries about the boards.