Complaints Procedure

We are committed to providing a professional service to all clients and customers alike. We value real human connection so in the unlikely event that something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it as this will help us to improve our standards.

If you have a complaint, please write with as much detail as possible directly to the branch in question. If you have trouble identifying which branch you need, please get in touch here. The branch in question will then respond in line with the time frames set out below.

If you feel we have not sought to address your complaints within eight weeks, you may be able to refer your complaint directly to The Property Ombudsman to consider without our final viewpoint on the matter.

What will happen next?

  1. We will send you a letter or e-mail to acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy or an e-mail link of this procedure.
  2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally be dealt with by the branch manager who will review the situation. A formal letter or e-mail outcome of the investigation will be sent to you within 15 working days of sending the acknowledgment letter or e-mail.
  3. If, at this stage, you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for a separate review to take place by the branch director or owner.
  4. We will then write to you within 15 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final viewpoint on the matter.

If you remain dissatisfied, you can then contact The Property Ombudsman directly to request an independent review:

The Property Ombudsman Ltd Milford House, 43-45 Milford Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 2BP 01722 333 306 or

Please note the following:

  • You will need to submit your complaint to The Property Ombudsman within 12 months of receiving our final viewpoint letter or e-mail, including any evidence to support your case.
  • The Property Ombudsman requires that all complaints are addressed through this in-house complaints procedure before being submitted for an independent review.
  • It is important that you keep a record of all correspondence and evidence related to your complaint. 
  • If your complaint involves a significant financial loss or breach of contract, you may wish to seek legal advice from a solicitor specialising in property law. They can guide you on the available legal options.